With Java's Authentication and Authorization Service developers can quickly and easily add access control to JAVA application. jLock is a ENTERPRISE-READY implementation of JAAS.
jLock enables companies to quickly and easily define access security policy for the JAVA application and centrally administer the policy. Using server-oriented architecture security rules can be shared across mulitple application providing consistent enforcement of policy across the enterprise. By taking advantages of the JAAS interface combined with a policy server architecture security rules can be updated and activated without coding changes or even restarting an application.
- Centralized Security Policy Management
- Standards-based Implementation (JAAS is the standard security mechanism for App Servers)
- Enterprise-Ready: high scalability and high availability
- Access Control List (ACL) Management
- Role-based Access Control (RBAC)
- Rule-based Policy Capabilities
- Integrates other programming technologies via the iLock Product Family
- Audit service
jLock TM provides user management and a sophisticated, flexible, rules-based policy engine. Technology Agents (for WEB, JAVA and CORBA) provide technology integration capabilities.
- Central Management
- Flexible Deployment Options
- Designed to assist in meeting Federal Government Privacy Regulations
- Graphical Policy Testing Tools
- Plug-in architecture enables integration with existing security infrastructure
- Caching architecture for Performance
- Centralizes access auditing
- May be used with multiple technologies
- Ability to share access control policies across technology boundaries